Saturday, October 6, 2012

I Hope They Call Lots of Them on a Mission!

Why the announcement that young women may serve a mission at 19 is making me cry tears of joy, I can't say.  Maybe it's knowing lots of young women who will jump at that chance.  Maybe it's the confirmation from the Holy Ghost that it was direct revelation to the Prophet from our Heavenly Father.  Maybe it's knowing how many lives will be blessed by these young women.  And maybe it's the knowledge that, as a Young Women's leader, there is now an urgency that we prepare all of our young women, whether they want to serve a mission or not, to be ready to share the gospel throughout all the world, to be leaders, to have strong testimonies, to make and keep sacred covenants.

This is going to make a huge difference in the lives of our Young Women, whether they choose to serve a mission or not.  It's going to change the Church going forward.  It's going to change the world.  I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even begin to express how thrilled I am about the news. It changes so many things for the better! Oh, this generation of YW are so blessed, they have no idea. I'm so excited for the future of the world and the church. Tears of joy, indeed!

    ReplyDelete